Guildford Remembers - Dedication of New War Memorial
All credit to Mayor, Cllr Mike Parsons, Guildford Borough Council and their military and charity partners for their collective decision to dedicate a new War Memorial to all those from the community who have given their lives in service since 1945. The moving Eucharist of Sacrifice and Commitment was led by Canon Robert Cotton in Holy Trinity Church, followed by the Dedication of Guildford's new memorial in the Castle grounds. It was a great privilege to be in attendance with the Lord Lieutenant, Michael More- Molyneux, and the sculptor of the memorial, David Annand;
The presence of many members of the families who had lost loved ones provided special memories on a very special day.